How To Refund A Game On Steam : Full Tutorial 2020
We show you how to Refund A Game On Steam step by step , so follow along noobs 🙂
When we get fully into the world of video games, we must know that there are two types of formats: digital and physical.
None is better than another, since each type of format has unique characteristics. One of those unique features of the physical format was the ability to return games . Until Now.
And, one of the biggest controversies of the transformation to the digital market in video games was that refunds could not be made for the mere fact that you did not like a game. The different digital sales platforms like Steam got down to work, and now they allow games to be returned .
Table Of Content
How To Refund A Game On Steam
Now we will tell you how to Refund a game in Steam , although first we must see under what conditions we are allowed to return games, since not all cases will be favorable for the steam player.
Clear cases for Refunding a Steam game
The first thing you should know are the main conditions to return a game on Steam . And it is that, we cannot go through the digital library, see games that have been there for years and, totally, since they are digital and are “new”, return them.
Steam protects itself by putting a time restriction . We can return all games to Steam as long as no more than 14 days have passed since they were purchased and we have not played more than two hours.
In most cases, except role-playing games and the like, in two hours we can assess whether a game is what we expected … or not. That’s the main thing to know before returning a game from Steam .
Restrictions for returning a game on Steam
However, there are scenarios in which we cannot request a refund of the money in Steam , or not do it within 14 days.
For example, we can return products purchased within the game, but the main condition is that we have not consumed that purchase and that, in addition, no more than 48 hours have passed since its acquisition.
Another case of games that we cannot return is that of game keys purchased in third-party stores . That is, the games that we have purchased outside of Steam cannot be returned.
Another restriction on returning a game on Steam is VAC blocking. VAC is Valve’s anti-cheat system, and if it catches us cheating and blocks access, even though we haven’t played for more than two hours and we are within the return time limit, we won’t be able to return it.
What happens if we abuse Steam returns? Valve will honor all of our requests, but if it finds that we consistently return games, it may place limits on the service, which will only affect the user.
Can I refund a Steam game purchased before the offers?
Before seeing step by step how to return a game on Steam , it is important to clarify that you can also return a game that has been purchased before a period of offers.
Steam offers are famous for almost always offering an aggressive discount on the price of the game. They tend to coincide with holiday periods, so it is very normal for a user to buy a game and after two days it is reduced in the offers.
In that case, the user can return the game and if, immediately, they buy the same title on Steam, Valve will not consider the move as an abuse .
How to refund a Steam game step by step tutorial for 2020
Now, yes, let’s take a step-by-step look at how a Steam game is returned .
- The first thing we must do is go to our library of games, choose the one we want to return and find, on the right, the hyperlink ” Support ”.
- Once this is done, a Support menu window appears that gives us several options. You must click on the first one, the one for ” Not what I expected ”, but you can also request the option of ” I bought this by accident ”.
- The next step to refund a game on Steam is to select the option for ” I would like to request a refund ”. Even if it says ” request, don’t worry, they won’t study it too much and you will have, again, the money in your account.
- The next step is to choose the return method. Steam can transfer the money to your bank account with the card that was used to make the purchase, or add those funds to the Steam wallet for easy future purchases.
- There are only two steps left: choose the reason why we want to return the game to Steam …and ” submit the refund request ”.
As you can see, as long as you meet the conditions, it is very easy to figure out how to refund a game on Steam .
we hope this was a helpful guide , let us know if you face any problems in the comment section .