Riot Games , developer and publisher of League of Legends: Wild Rift , announces that Wild Rift is now available in its first Regional Open Beta in Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand, with numerous regions to follow in course of 2020 and early 2021.
All players in these regions will have access to Wild Rift, an invitation from Riot to (re) join the League of Legends world and community. Michael “Riot Paladin” Chow , executive producer of Wild Rift, has announced several upcoming events for current Wild Rift players and fans.
- NEW LOCATIONS : Wild Rift will reach new markets over the next few months. In December, it will arrive in Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, Oceania, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey and Vietnam – and Riot aims to reach the Americas during the spring of 2021.
- NEW CHAMPION : In a new patch, arriving later this month, Wild Rift will launch one of League’s most popular junglers on PC: Lee Sin, the Blind Monk. This character retains his devastating high-skill potential from the PC version, now adapted to flawless and mobile-friendly controls.
- CHAMPIONS PREVIEW : In the same patch, Riot will test six future champions, which can be played at no additional cost for a few days during the month of October: Kai’sa, Evelynn, Akali, Darius, Draven, and all-new League pop star Seraphine .
- IN-GAME REWARDS : In South Korea and Japan, players will be able to log in using existing Riot Games accounts to earn rewards based on their investment of time and money dedicated to League of Legends on PC. For the regions of Southeast Asia, in Closed Beta, players will be able to create and link a Riot Account to earn rewards such as skins and champions later this year.
- ROAD TO WILD RIFT : To honor the legacy and history of gaming at each location in the Open Beta, Riot will deliver locally-specific content each day on the path to the Open Beta. Influencer spotlights, guides and community highlights will provide players with everything they need to better prepare for Wild Rift.